If you’re tired of seeking the best desks for homeschool you came to the right place. The current pandemic has more kids learning from home than ever before and you might be caught off guard with the supply you need for your little one to keep on learning.
The good news is a desk and a computer is possibly everything you need that costs more. For this article, all recommended desks bellow are under $150 so that you have plenty of leftover budgets to purchase notebooks, crayons, pens, paper, and other homeschool supplies for your child.
The best desks for homeschool ranked by popularity
The following rank is not necessarily one of quality (even if this is considered for this post) but one of popularity and what kids think they like most when it comes to keeping up with school from home. Without further introductions, here are the desks.
1. Furinno Econ Multipurpose Home Office Desk
This desk is made for kids of all ages. But children ages 8-9 and up are going to feel the most comfortable working at it. We like that it comes with a keyboard drawer that extends out so that your kids can maintain good posture while studying on Zoom, Google Classroom, or other types of online software which requires working at a computer. The wide range of colors recommends it both for boys and girls.
- Designed with safe rounded corners
- Rather compact at a size of 39.4” (width) x 34. 1” (height) x 15. 8” (depth)
- Available in neutral colors
- Made with no cable management holes
2. Rockpoint Desk
A similar desk with a hutch is the Rockpoint Desk that your homeschooled kids can love. Made from non-toxic particleboard, this can be the desk your child uses for an entire school year without any health concerns. Its extra storage space is represented by a keyboard tray, storage shelves, and a small drawer where your child can keep all the homework.
- Available on black, white, and natural maple
- Compact size for small rooms of only 20 x42 x36. 8 inches
- Made from engineered wood
- It takes about 1 hour to assemble
3. Flash Furniture Student Desk
If you’re after a homeschool desk that looks similar to the desks at school, Flash Furniture has the right option for you. It features an open book box to store notebooks and pens. It even comes with book bag hooks which keep everything nicely organized. We love this desk as its also height adjustable. This means your child can learn at the desk from the age of 6 onwards. From elementary to high school, this is the desk you want if you don’t want to upgrade a couple of years from now.
- Spacious given its compact 23.625″ width x 17.75″ depth size
- Easy to adjust by height
- Made with anti-slip legs
- Not suitable for keeping a monitor
4. ECR4Kids The Surf Portable Lap Desk
Not all desks are made for homeschooling with a chair. The Surf Portable Lap Desk is made to be carried around the house. If your child is on Google Meets on the laptop or a tablet, this is everything needed for online learning with no distraction. The desk is also stackable. If you have multiple children you can simply stack them up to save space.
- Made with a durable one-piece design
- CPSIC lead and phthalate compliant
- Recommended for ages 6 and up
- Not easy to write on
5. SD Studio Craft Table
If you need your child to work on crafts or simply to enjoy more space with a writing desk, the SD Studio design can be the first choice. This homeschool desk is perfect for drawing and writing. But it may also work for 2 kids learning at home at the same time. It even features a bench which means you get to save more on expensive desk chairs sold separately.
- Generous writing space at 37.75″ width x 21.75″ depth x 28″ height dimensions
- It works both as a desk and as an art station
- Made from durable steel
- Ages 7 and up only
6. Minnie Mouse Blossoms & Bows Jr. Activity Table
If your child is in kindergarten, the time spent at a desk is reduced for those already at school. Still, your kid ages 2 to 5 might need a desk to start drawing and to simply have a dedicated activity space in the conditions in which many kindergartens are now closed due to COVID school restrictions. This quirky table is an excellent choice for girls.
- Minnie Mouse personalization
- It requires no assembly
- It ships with a padded chair
- Only suitable for kids up to the age of 5
7. Melissa & Doug Tables & Chairs 3-Piece Set
If you have a couple of kids (up to the age of 8) this premium natural wood table with 2 chairs can be the learning set you need to lay the grounds of homeschooling. The table is mostly designed for kids still interested in games, coloring books, and notebooks. It won’t be the top choice for laptops or desk computers.
- Made from natural wood
- It includes 2 x 24.75-inch wooden chairs
- Durable construction
- Only useful up to the age of 8 years old
8. Mount-It! Kids Desk and Chair Set
If you’re after a creative homeschool desk to be used for drawing, writing, and reading, this is the right choice for your kid. It comes with a lift-up top which allows an ergonomic position while reading. Designed for ages 3 to 10, this height adjustable desk is also useful for playtime to assemble puzzles or to draw in a comfortable position.
- Adjustable desk height between 21.5″ and 30″
- Compact size at 26″ x 19.4″
- It ships with a height-adjustable desk (12″ – 17.3″)
- It requires assembly (Allen wrench included)
9. ECR4Kids ELR-24103F-MP Desk With Metal Box
This height-adjustable desk is perfect to keep kids concentrated on their homework. There’s not too much space on the countertop for them to get distracted by other objects and it can work for parents who are beginning to feel tired of homeschooling. With a laminate surface finishing, it’s also easy to clean to keep germs away.
- 18″ width x 24″ length x 24-30.5″ adjustable height
- Made with a metal book box
- Long 10-year warranty
- It requires adult assembly
10. Furinno Simplistic Sturdy Table
This small and sturdy table is specifically designed for small rooms, apartments, and other compact places where a classic desk would not fit. Made from composite wood, it only requires 30 minutes assembly and it can work for both boys and girls as its available in different colors.
- Compact at 31. 5 width x 29. 8 height x 15. 5 depth
- Made with safe rounded edges
- Designed from lightweight particleboard
- No storage space
11. SOFSYS 31″ Computer Writing Desk Workstation
This industrial-looking desk is one of the designs parents can consider when they’re worried about design. With a powder-coated steel frame and an elegant particleboard top, the desk looks impressive for its price. Most importantly, it’s made with a scratch-resistant top which means it lasts a bit longer than others.
- Wide at 31” x 20” x 29.5”
- Designed with adjustable foot leveling feet
- Excellent for writing and homeschool
- Designed without a keyboard tray
12. Furinno Efficient Home Laptop Desk
Made from medium density composite wood, this desk solves some of your problems with storage space. Homeschooling still requires books, notebooks, and laptops. Your kid can benefit from the 3 shelves it comes with for keeping the desk organized.
- Compact size at 39.6 width x 15.5 depth x 33.6 height inches
- Available on elegant French oak and dark cherry finishes
- It only weighs 22 pounds
- Not stable under heavy loads
13. Calico Designs Convertible Art Drawing/Computer Desk
Calico’s desk is the most versatile on our list. Since we love practical designs here at standorsit.com, we appreciate the thought process that went into building this desk. It is the only desk built with 2 removable side extensions. These side extensions can also be adjusted at various heights.
These features alone are worth the purchase so that every child can enjoy a customizable learning experience from home. There’s even a keyboard tray with a 10lbs maximum weight capacity to rely on. 15lbs can be stored on the removable extensions. It’s well worth its low asking price.
- Suitable for creative kids
- Made with an adjustable design
- Made with an ashwood finish
- No cable management holes
14. Haotian FWT18-W Drop-Leaf Table Desk
We all know just how limited storage space is in our homes. If you struggle to find the space to fit a full desk in your child’s room, this Haotian design can be the answer. Yes, you need a drill or a handyman to come and install it on the wall. But it saves considerable space compared to all other desks listed in our post.
- Compact at just 32.28 width x 8.66 depth x 23.62” height
- It comes with small shelves
- Designed with cable management holes
- It only holds 66.1lbs
15. Jakks Toy Story Activity Table Set with Two Chairs
For boys ages 3 and above, this small activity table is the first of its kind for homeschooling. There’s plenty you can teach your child at this small table from drawing to learning how to read a simple book. It also comes with 2 foldable chairs.
- Made with a foldable design for easy storage
- Compact at a size of 24.5 x 24.5 x 20 inches
- Suitable for learning and eating
- Not the sturdiest table
16. AmazonBasics Classic Home Office Computer Desk
Suitable for kids in high school, the simple AmazonBasics deks are known for their minimalistic design. Similar to desks you see at Ikea, it offers a good learning space and storage space in the form of 2 shelves.
- BIFMA Certified construction
- Compact at 35.5 x 19.6 x 29.5 Inches
- Made with a steel frame
- Not made with hardwood materials
17. 4NM No-Assembly Folding Writing Desk
You might be working from home. Your child might be homeschooled. There’s no space for 2 desks in the same room for both of you. What do you do? You can consider this foldable 4NM writing desk. You can set it up in seconds anywhere around the house. Given the quality of its materials, your kid won’t even notice the desk comes with foldable legs.
- Easy to unfold without tools
- Compact size at 35.43 x 18.11 x 29.33 inches
- It holds weights of up to 100lbs
- No accessories to secure it to a wall
18. CubiCubi Computer Office Small Desk
Suitable for high school or college students, this desk is a full-size alternative for comprehensive learning at home. You can layout multiple books and notes on it given its large size. It’s also the type of desk you keep for life as you can easily transition working on it as an adult. Based on iron and wood, it’s going to last a bit longer than many other desks. At the same time, it comes with accessories such as a headphones’ hook which teenagers love.
- Made with thick 1.6” steel legs
- Unique splice board design
- Large with a length of 47 inches
- Not made for small space
The best desk for homeschool in the case of your child is easy to find with this list. You can save it on your browser’s favorites to come back with your child and choose one together. Alternatively, you can order these yourself as all are available online. This was certainly not the case a few months back where all homeschooling desks were out of stock.