There are 4 presets on the Autonomous SmartDesk 2; 4 presets on the Fully Jarvis standing desk and 4 presets on the Varidesk Prodesk 48, all operated by a user-defined height.
- The Autonomous SmartDesk 2 has presets saved under numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4. They correspond to 4 presets. An M button is added to memorize these preset heights.
- The Fully Jarvis standing desk has the presets saved under 1, 2, 3 and 4 buttons. An M button is added next to a digital height reader to save the presets.
- The Varidesk Prodesk 48 has 1, 2, 3, and S buttons representing 3 preset positions and a memory button. Two of them are grouped to the left of the digital height reader while the other two are grouped to the right.
|Standing desk||Number of presets||Manual reset option|
|Autonomous standing desk||4||Yes|
|Fully Jarvis standing desk||4||Yes|
How to set standing desk presets of the Autonomous SmartDesk 2
The Autonomous SmartDesk 2 is manually adjustable. This means you can select the height anywhere between 29 inches and 48 inches manually with the help of the up and down buttons. There are 4 presets which work for memorizing 4 of these heights. Such functions are useful to alternate between sitting and standing. But they can also be used for multiple users. For example, if the desk is in an office, all those working on it can save their own preferred desk height according to their own height.
To set the presets:
- Hold the M button for a few seconds
- Height display starts to blink
- Then click the numbers 1, 2, 3 or 4 to set the height
- How do I reset my Autonomous standing desk? Here’s how to do it:
- Unplug the desk
- Plug it back and wait 20 seconds
- Press and hold the up and down buttons for 20 seconds
- Release the buttons
- Press down once more and keep pressing for 20 seconds
- Beeping confirms the reset
How to set the standing desk presets of the Fully Jarvis
The Fully Jarvis is exactly the same as the Autonomous standing desk in terms of presets with its 3 memory options. There are 2 types of Jarvis standing desks. One goes from 23.75” to 49.25” while the other goes from 26.5” to 45.75”. Both of them have the same controls. The difference here is that there is a digital height display to the left side of the standing desk which allows users to know exactly which height is right for them.
To set these presets:
- Press and hold the M buttons for 5 seconds
- The display shows S
- The display then changes to LOC
- How do I reset the Fully Jarvis standing desk? Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the M button for 5 seconds
- LOC is not displayed anymore
- The preset is deleted
How to set the standing desk presets of the Varidesk Prodesk 48
There are 4 buttons for 3 presets on the Prodesk 48 control panel. In the middle of the buttons, users find a digital height display together with the manual adjustment buttons for up and down movements. Unfortunately, these buttons need to be pressed down at all times during the adjustment. This is why you can simply use presets instead.
To set the standing desk presets:
- Press and hold S and 1, 2, 3 or 4
- The screen displays L
- To change height display from centimeters to inches
- Press and hold the S key and the down arrow for 3 seconds
- How to set the standing desk presets on the Uplift Desk
- Basic troubleshooting
Autonomous standing desk stuck up in a position
If your Autonomous desk has a problem standing up, there are a few things you may want to consider to fix it. If the Autonomous standing desk won’t move up, won’t move down or it simply won’t move in any direction, these are some tests which can be run at home.
Try a hard reset
- To reset the Autonomous standing desk, you need to push and press the down button until RST appears on the display.
- Press and hold both the up and down buttons
- Three 0 characters appear on the display
- Press the down arrow until the desk is down completely
- Stop pressing the down button
Fully Jarvis desk stuck in a position and it won’t move
Similarly to the Autonomous standing desk, the Fully Jarvis standing desk can get stuck as well. Its ASR and E07 errors can be fixed with a hard reset, but not in all cases. To manually reset the desk, users need to follow these steps.
- Press and hold the down button until the desk is at its lowest position
- The button needs to be continuously pressed from this position until the display shows RESET.
Varidesk ProDesk Standing Desk stuck and won’t move
In case your Varidesk ProDesk standing desk is stuck, the reset procedure is similar. Given there’s no actual physical problem, you can simply try a software reset.
- Press and hold the down button until the desk reaches its lowest height
- Keep pressing until a beeping sound confirms the reset
Setting the presets of a standing desk is easy, following the steps above. However, there are situations where faulty desks would simply not save any of these presets. One of the best troubleshooting methods is to simply try a manual reset. On the other hand, directly contacting the customer service team is the next step, in case the problems persist.
As a side note, other standing desks can save a preset over an old one. If there are 3 total presets and a user tries to save another height, the desk will simply override the first save height position. This can be important when there are multiple users on the same desk.
In a few situations, the reset function is not working either. Additional tech on the reset function such as the beep might be off as well. In this case, it’s highly likely to be a software issue. Before trying to see what’s actually causing the standing desks not to reach their height, you should also ensure there are no physical impediments.
There are 4 presents on the most standing desks. Do you use all of them? Are you sharing your desk with work colleagues? How are the presets working for you? Let us know below. For an example of such a desk, you can check here on Amazon!